Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Time, Time, Time...

Those three little words from the Bangles version of  "Hazy Shade of Winter" are ringing in my head...If only I had more time, time, time!  Everyday I start off with a list of things I want to accomplish.  I usually accomplish most of those things but many are carried over to the next day's list.  I am sure this happens to everyone.  The problem is that I often put more things on my list than humanly possible.  Why do I do this?  Because I want to be superwoman and have convinced myself that I can do it but in reality I end up driving myself crazy.  Well, no more people!  Here is my new plan and I am sticking to it: 

1)  I will assign all tasks a specified time block - e.g. I have 3 hours to work on legal paperwork and get as much done as possible.  This will only work if I actually work these 3 hours on nothing else and I actually stop after 3 hours. 

2)  I will assign all tasks a "urgency factor" - court deadlines, client meetings, etc. will get a higher priority. 

3)  I will assign all tasks a "value added weight" - e.g. will this bring me more business, money, clients, happiness, keep me healthy, etc. 

4)  I will assign all business & home matters to Fridays - e.g. pay bills, call cable guy, make doctors/dentists appointments, etc. 

I am embarking on two new business ventures (more on that later!!!) and will need to learn to manage my time better if they are to be successful.  Not only can time be our enemy when it comes to our looks ("Honey, time marches on and eventually you realize it is marchin' across your face" - Truvy), but it can be our enemy when we allow it to control us instead of us controlling it.  So, I plan on taking control of my time and making the most of it. 

Now, if I only had time to make that list...

Ciao,
Letty

No comments:

Post a Comment